By protecting and improving our environment, the communities where we do business and the students we serve, Sodexo makes every day a better day and every tomorrow a better tomorrow.

Commuter Meal Plan

New for Fall 2017, all flat-fee undergraduates (commuters and campus apartment residents) not on a Blue & Gold Residential Plan will be provided $100 per semester in dining dollars. These dollars will be added to your Webster ID card at no additional cost and can be used in any dining location on campus. Each purchase will be debited from your account with balance available on your receipt. When you have a low or zero balance remaining on this plan, you can continue to save on campus dining purchases with Gorlok Bucks.

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I sign up for a Commuter Meal Plan?

All flat-fee undergraduate students not on a Blue and Gold residential meal plan at the Webster Groves campus are getting this $100 per-semester Commuter Meal Plan automatically on their student ID card. There is no additional fee for this meal plan. This will apply to flat-fee undergraduates who are commuters, or who reside in the campus apartments.

What are the benefits of using this plan?

Students will only need their student ID to make purchases and all purchases made through the Commuter Meal Plan are tax-free.

Where can I use the Commuter Meal Plan money?

The funds can be used at any of the Campus Dining Services dining establishments on campus. This includes: Marletto’s Marketplace in Maria Hall, Crossroads Food Court in the University Center, the Cyber Café in Emerson Library and Simply to Go in the East Academic Building. The funds cannot be used in the bookstore or at any of the vending machines.

I don't want to pay for this, how can I opt out?

This plan does not have any additional fees, all flat-fee undergraduates not on a Blue and Gold residential meal plan receive the plan and there is no opt-out option. This will apply to flat-fee undergraduates who are commuters, or who reside in the campus apartments.

I never eat on campus, can I give my card to someone else for them to use?

Since the funds are added to your student ID card, you are not able to allow others to use the card in your place. However, you are welcome to accompany a friend to any of the dining locations and purchase food for them. Also, all of the dining establishments on campus offer food to go so you are welcome to take your meals with you if you are not able to eat on campus.

I'm studying at another campus this fall, what happens to my money?

Any funds that are unused at the end of the Fall semester will rollover to the Spring semester.

I have money left over at the end of the spring semester, how do I get a refund?

Any amount left over at the end of spring semester will be forfeited.

How do I know how much money I have left on my account?

The remaining balance will be printed on the receipt at each dining location. Students can also ask the cashier for their balance if they do not opt for a receipt. Students are also able to contact the Dining Services office at 314-246-6902 for balance information.

I think there’s an error with my balance, who do I contact?

If a student believes their balance is incorrect or if they have any issues using the funds, they can contact the Dining Services office at 314-246-6902.

I want to add more money to my Commuter Meal Plan, how do I do this?

Students are not able to add additional funds to the Commuter Meal Plan; however, they are able to start a Gorlok Bucks account. This account also works on your student ID card but allows you to add funds online. Purchases made on the Gorlok Bucks plan receive a 10% discount and are also tax-free. Gorlok Bucks can be used at selected off-campus dining establishments. For more information on Gorlok Bucks, click here.

I have always used Gorlok Bucks, how does that system work with this one?

When using on-campus dining, the cashiers will deduct from your Commuter Meal Plan first since those funds expire at the end of the academic year. Once you have used all of your Commuter Meal Plan funds, you will be able to tap into the funds in your Gorlok Bucks account. Since the Commuter Meal Plan does not work for off-campus restaurants, any purchases made at those participating locations will utilize the Gorlok Bucks funds rather than the Commuter Meal Plan funds.

What happens if I lose my student ID card?

Call Public Safety at 314-246-7430 to report your card missing, and obtain a replacement card.
In This Section
Webster University | Dining Services | 470 East Lockwood Avenue | St. Louis, Missouri 63119 | tel. (314_ 246-6902 | Contact Us